Julia Kahlenberg advises national and international clients on the design and implementation of compliance management systems and the development of compliance organizations. The emphasis of Julia’s advisory services is on strategic and organizational compliance and corporate governance. Julia develops tailor-made compliance risk analyses and supports companies in their worldwide execution for the purpose of deriving individualized action plans and customized compliance management systems. Further focus of her work lies in the effectiveness assessment of existing compliance management systems and organizations, in particular within the framework of DoJ/SEC or World Bank compliance monitorships and the carrying out of internal investigations. Because of Julia’s many years of experience in Asia, she can also support our clients in relation to specific compliance problems in Asia and Eastern Europe.
Languages: German and English
- Law studies in Passau
- 1995 Career start and employment in various law firms, industrial companies and consulting firms
- 2006–2012 Compliance Officer at Siemens in Beijing (China), later in Vietnam and Hong Kong
- 2012 Compliance Officer at OSRAM for the EMEA region
- 2013 Admission to the bar in Germany
- Since 2015 Pohlmann & Company, since 2018 as a Partner
- Risk & Compliance Management für Deutschland 2021 (Update 2023), Lexology
- General Building Blocks of a Compliance Management System, in: Anti-Corruption Compliance (Verlag C.F.Müller), ch. 3
- Collective Action – der gemeinsame Kampf gegen Korruption (gemeinsam mit Stefan Hoffmann-Kuhnt), in: Compliance Berater 09/2016, 347–348
- Grünes Licht für Iran-Geschäfte – Die Lockerung der europäischen Iransanktionen und ihre Auswirkungen auf Compliance (gemeinsam mit Andrea Sprenger), in: comply 02/2016, 52–55
- Compliance als Teil eines integrierten Risikomanagements und Internen Kontrollsystems, in: Compliance Management in China – Praxishandbuch für Manager, Haufe Verlag 2015, 201–224
- Expert Interview on Anti-Corruption in China, in China Sourcer i12
- What lasts a long time: Whistleblower Protection Act now passed by the Bundestag
- Whistleblower Protection Act: Refused Approval by the Bundesrat
- The Second Attempt: Ministerial Draft Bill of the Whistleblower Protection Law Presented
- Well-structured internal investigations pay off!
- CJEU: Investors are liable for portfolio non-compliance
- The new must have – effective compliance management systems!
- Member of the Independent Monitor Team (for the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission) at VEON Ltd. and an international telecommunications company
- Global compliance risk analysis at a family-run B2B trading company, as well as a Swiss packaging producer
- Analysis and evaluation of the effectiveness of the group-wide legal and compliance function at Robert Bosch GmbH
- Global compliance risk analysis and implementation review of the current compliance management system at a premium automotive manufacturer
- Ongoing consulting and global compliance risk analysis at an owner-managed biotech company
- Conducting various internal investigations, including in the area of MeToo, and drafting various policies for a DAX40 B2C retail company
- Conducting various investigations for a DAX40 conglomerate, including in the area of corruption
- Advising German and European companies on the practical implementation of new requirements from LkSG, EU Whistleblower Directive, FISG, etc.
- Advising a DAX40 company from the medical/healthcare sector on the design of group-wide risk management
- Execution of Compliance Management System Healthchecks for a global logistics company