Dr. Isabelle Plath
Isabelle Plath joined Pohlmann & Company in October 2019. She advises German and international clients in the areas of preventive compliance, corporate governance as well as internal investigations.
Isabelle Plath has special experience with regard to strategic and organizational compliance preventive advice. She advises clients on the development, implementation and operational realization of compliance management systems. Her expertise also includes the establishment of whistleblower systems. In the area of internal investigations Isabelle Plath benefits from her many years of work as a lawyer in the area of white-collar criminal law. Furthermore, Isabelle Plath also advises in the area of directors’ and officers’ liability (D&O).
In her work, Isabelle Plath is able to draw on many years of experience not only as an external lawyer but also as an in-house lawyer, which gives her a broad advisory perspective.
Isabelle Plath was admitted to the bar in 2008.
Languages: German and English
- Law studies in Frankfurt am Main, (Dr. iur.)
- 2008 Admission to the bar
- 2010–2016 Attorney at law at stetter Rechtsanwälte, Munich
- 2016–2019 In-house counsel (Compliance Officer EMEA) at Continental, Frankfurt
- Since 2019 Counsel at Pohlmann & Company
- Since 2019 Member of Woman’s White Collar Defense Association (WWCDA)
- Die Strafbarkeit des räuberischen Kleinaktionärs, Tectum Verlag, Marburg, 2014
- Wirtschaftsstrafrecht im mittelständischen Konzern, in: Der mittelständische Konzern, Hrsg. Engelhardt/Wagenseil, Erich Schmidt Verlag, Berlin, 2015
- Risk & Compliance Management in Germany 2021, in: Lexology
- Well-structured internal investigations pay off!
- Update on the upcoming German law on Whistleblower Protection
- The German Act on Corporate Sanctioning is coming!
- Transparency Register – Federal Office of Administration updates FAQs
- The transparency register – What those subject to notification obligations should know
- Amended Money Laundering Act entered into force
- Adoption of the EU directive on the Protection of Whistleblowers
- Member of the Independent Compliance Monitor Team (for the U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission) at an international telecommunications company
- Ongoing advisory of an international pharmaceutical company on the implementation and operational realization of their compliance management system
- Supporting a gap-analysis and assessment of corporate governance, compliance, risk management and internal processes and tools for a leading consulting company
- Effectiveness testing of a global IT application for business partner due diligence for an international trading and logistics company
- D&O liability case of a former managing director of a municipal company in the defense of liability claims asserted against him