Environmental Compliance – Outsourcing risks and settling claims
We help our clients to identify environmental risks, evaluate them legally and find practical solutions. Our long-standing expertise extends to the outsourcing of potential liability risks, the settlement of environmental damage in complex proceedings, claim management (specially in corporate transactions) as well as to real estate advice.
Compliance with environmental laws is an integral part of a compliance management system. The experience gained from countless due diligence audits and disputes with environmental authorities enables us to detect environmental risks and violations of environmental regulations and to support practical remedies.
It is particularly in the environmental sector, where uncertain liabilities reduce the value of industrial companies. Risks can be minimized in the long term through innovative forms of spin-off or outsourcing of such liability potentials. Our experts have already practiced this successfully for well-known industrial groups and show our clients tailor-made solutions. Environmental issues often play an important role in corporate transactions. We specialize in supporting our clients in negotiations and in asserting and defending environmental claims following such transactions.
We have many years of experience in the settlement of environmental claims, in particular through straightforward remediation agreements with environmental authorities. Our expertise also extends to complex administrative and administrative litigation proceedings.
Green Building Certificates form an interface between environmental and real estate law. In the meantime, it has become a self-imposed requirement of companies to use certified buildings. We have played a leading role in the model certification agreements of two leading certification systems (the German Sustainable Building Council (DGNB) and DIFNI/BREEAM) and show how existing buildings can also obtain certificates.
- Remedy for identified risks, e.g. by outsourcing potential liability risks
- Settlement of environmental damage by mutual agreement and in court, especially of major cases of contaminated sites and public law remediation contracts
- Defense of environmental liability claims (claim management), in particular as a result of corporate transactions
- Environmental consulting in all matters related to real estate (e.g. “green building certificates” for buildings and facilities, etc.)
- Environmental compliance health checks (review of environmental management systems) and internal environmental investigations
- Valuation of provisions due to environmental liability and innovative environmental insurance solutions