Dr. Andreas Pohlmann
Andreas Pohlmann is a leading practitioner and internationally recognized advisor on compliance, corporate risk management and corporate governance issues. He has many years of experience as a member of boards and executive committees as well as Chief Compliance Officer (“CCO”) of globally operating companies.
As CCO of Siemens AG and SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. in Montreal, he was responsible for managing the development and implementation of effective corporate compliance programs. In the subsequent compliance monitorships of the U.S. DOJ and the U.S. SEC and the World Bank, Andreas Pohlmann was responsible as CCO on the corporate side for project preparation, project management and continuous communication and interaction with the compliance monitors as well as with the relevant authorities.
Andreas Pohlmann has been a U.S. DOJ and U.S. SEC appointed Independent Compliance Monitor himself for several years. With this combination of in-house experience and experience as an active monitor, he now provides advice and practical support to company managements and heads of the legal and compliance function already in ongoing settlement negotiations with the relevant authorities as well as in compliance monitorships.
Both as a board member or senior executive in a company and as a lawyer and management consultant, Andreas Pohlmann has many years of experience and cross-industry expertise in the strategic and operational management of corporate crisis situations. He provides comprehensive advice to board members and senior executives with the aim of protecting the reputation of the company and its management.
Languages: German and English
- Law studies in Frankfurt, doctorate (Dr. iur.) in Tübingen
- 1989 Admitted to the bar
- 1989-1999 Hoechst AG: In-house lawyer in the Central Legal Department, Head of the Supervisory Board Affairs function, Head of the Government Relations function
- 2000-2006 Celanese AG, Frankfurt / Celanese Corporation, Dallas, Tx: Corporate Secretary, member or chairman of the Management Board of Celanese AG and member of the Executive Committee of Celanese Corp.
- 2007-2010 Siemens AG, Munich: Chief Compliance Officer
- 2010-2011 Ferrostaal AG, Essen: Member of the Executive Board, responsible for compliance and administration
- 2012 Pohlmann & Company, Frankfurt: Founding Partner
- 2013-2014 SNC-Lavalin Group Inc, Montreal: Chief Compliance Officer and member of the Group Executive Committee
- 2015-2019 Petrobras, Rio de Janeiro: Member of the Special Investigation Committee for the internal investigation of the Lava Jato case
- 2016-2019 U.S. DOJ and U.S. SEC appointed Independent Compliance Monitor for VEON Ltd, Amsterdam
- 2020-present U.S. DOJ and U.S. SEC appointed Independent Compliance Monitor for an international telecommunications company
- Companies in Ethics and Compliance Crisis: How to build a culture of integrity and to restore reputation and trust, in: Sommet International de la Confiance dans les Organisations, Quebec 2016, S. 23
- Internationale rechtliche Grundlagen, in: Korruptionsprävention. Ein Leitfaden für Unternehmen, DICO 2014, 23–25
- Kulturunterschiede in der internationalen Compliance: Der Tenor muss weltweit derselbe sein , in: BUJ Sonderedition Compliance 2013, 92-95
- Staatsanwaltschaft im Haus – was muss der Aufsichtsrat tun?, in: Audit Committee Quarterly 2013, 4–9 (together with Dr. Eike Bicker)
- Die First-Class-Aufseher, in: Süddeutsche Zeitung, Nr. 17, 21.01.2013
- Compliance über Grenzen. Integritätsmanagement in global operierenden Unternehmen, in: Über Grenzen: Kolloquium zum 70. Geburtstag von Wolfgang Graf Vitzthum, Berlin 2012, 17–33
- Compliance durch Führen: Thema für die Vorstandsagenda, in: Der Aufsichtsrat 10/2012, 141
- Aufsichtsräte – Angst vor dem schlechten Ruf, in: Handelsblatt, Nr. 148, 02.08.2012
- Independent Compliance Monitor (for the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission) at VEON Ltd. and an international telecommunications company
- German Counsel of VW Monitor Larry Thompson for Volkswagen AG
- Coordination of internal compliance investigations as a member of a special committee for the Petrobras Supervisory Board
- Analysis and evaluation of the effectiveness of the group-wide legal and compliance function at Robert Bosch GmbH
- General compliance advice; definition of investment and divestiture criteria at the Council on Ethics – The Norwegian Government Pension Fund