Irakli Kvirikashvili advises clients primarily in the area of compliance and corporate governance. Irakli specializes and has particular experience in the conception and implementation of compliance guidelines and processes as well as in Internal Control Systems and testing. In addition, Irakli is responsible to support companies in assessing the effectiveness of compliance organizations and compliance management systems, inter alia, in the context of DOJ/SEC Compliance Monitorships. Furthermore, his focus area covers compliance reviews, risk assessments and Third-Party Due Diligence.
Languages: Georgian, English, German and Russian
- 2003-2009 Law studies at Tbilisi State University, Georgia (LL.B, LL.M); admission to the bar in Georgia
- 2011-2012 Master of Law & Business – Bucerius Law School & WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management, Germany
- 2009-2014 State Audit Office of Georgia – (Senior) Auditor and Teamlead of the different compliance & performance audit engagements
- 2015-2017 Different positions at Regional Compliance EMEA of Fresenius Medical Care Germany, most recently Compliance Professional at EEMEA Advisory Unit
- 2017-2018 Senior Consultant in the area of Governance & Compliance at BearingPoint Germany; most recently Head of Due Diligence Team at the leading international bank within the scope of AML/Know Your Customer Project
- 2018 Doctoral candidate at Utrecht University, Netherlands (research focus: international criminal law with interdisciplinary study in commercial law, corporate governance and compliance)
- Since 2019 Manager at Pohlmann & Company
- მენტალური მხარის ევოლუცია მეთაურის პასუხისმგებლობის დოქტრინაში, [Evolution of the Mental Element of the Doctrine of Superior Responsibility], in: International Scientific Journal Intellectual 2015, N28, pp. 79-87;
- The Grounds for Challenging Corruption-tainted Arbitral Awards, in: International Scientific Journal Intellectual 2012, N21, pp. 123-131;
- დანაშაული და პოლიტიკა [Politics and Crime] (together with V. Kvirikashvili), in: International Scientific Journal Intellectual 2012, N18, pp. 80-85;
- კორუფციის კრიმინოგენური ასპექტები – დეტერმინანტები და სოციალური კონტროლი [Criminological Aspects of Corruption – Determinants and Social Control] (together with V. Kvirikashvili), in: Interuniversity International Scientific-practical Conference: Criminology Development Perspectives in Georgia, Tbilisi 2011, pp. 81-86.
- Member of the Independent Compliance Monitor Team (for the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission) at a NASDAQ 100 company