Julia Kahlenberg advises national and international clients on the design and implementation of compliance management systems and the development of compliance organizations. The emphasis of Julia’s advisory services is on strategic and organizational compliance and corporate governance. Julia develops tailor-made compliance risk analyses and supports companies in their worldwide execution for the purpose of deriving individualized action plans and customized compliance management systems. Further focus of her work lies in the effectiveness assessment of existing compliance management systems and organizations, in particular within the framework of DoJ/SEC or World Bank compliance monitorships and the carrying out of internal investigations. Because of Julia’s many years of experience in Asia, she can also support our clients in relation to specific compliance problems in Asia and Eastern Europe.
Languages: German and English
- Law studies in Passau
- 1995 Career start and employment in various law firms, industrial companies and consulting firms
- 2006–2012 Compliance Officer at Siemens in Beijing (China), later in Vietnam and Hong Kong
- 2012 Compliance Officer at OSRAM for the EMEA region
- 2013 Admission to the bar in Germany
- Since 2015 Pohlmann & Company, since 2018 as a Partner
- Collective Action – der gemeinsame Kampf gegen Korruption (gemeinsam mit Stefan Hoffmann-Kuhnt), in: Compliance Berater 09/2016, 347–348
- Grünes Licht für Iran-Geschäfte – Die Lockerung der europäischen Iransanktionen und ihre Auswirkungen auf Compliance (gemeinsam mit Andrea Sprenger), in: comply 02/2016, 52–55
- Compliance als Teil eines integrierten Risikomanagements und Internen Kontrollsystems, in: Compliance Management in China – Praxishandbuch für Manager, Haufe Verlag 2015, 201–224
- Expert Interview on Anti-Corruption in China, in China Sourcer i12
- Member of the Independent Monitor Team (for the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission) at a NASDAQ 100 company.
- Analysis and evaluation of the effectiveness of the group-wide legal and compliance function at Robert Bosch GmbH
- Internal investigations in the area of environmental compliance at a large industrial company